later on this week I will be meeting the Mayor of Llandudno, Cllr. Malcolm Bullock.
I will be chatting to him and also raising a few points which I would be interested in hearing his views on. In particular, I will be raising the survey done by the Government into accessibility which is quite depressing if you are a wheelchair user.
Take these statistics for an example:
Findings of disability audit
- Less than a third of department stores have accessible changing rooms.
- Two thirds of retail staff have no training in how to help disabled customers
- 40% of restaurants and a third of department stores do not have an accessible toilet.
- 20% of high street shops have no ramps for wheelchairs
- Only 15% of retailers have hearing loops for shoppers with hearing impairments.
Shocking isn’t it?