Mind is a national mental health charity concerned with the needs and rights of mentally distressed people and their families.
They work to create a better life for everyone with experience of mental distress by:
- advancing the views, needs and ambitions of people with mental health problems
- challenging discrimination and promoting inclusion
- influencing policy through campaigning and education
- inspiring the development of quality services which reflect expressed need and diversity
- achieving equal rights through campaigning and education
Mental health problems can affect anyone, rich or poor, young or old, shattering the lives of those affected and the lives of the people close to them. One in four of us will experience a mental health problem at some point in our lives. Each year more than 250,000 people are admitted to psychiatric hospitals and over 4,000 people take their own lives.
Aberconwy Mind helps local people rebuild their lives by providing friendly support and a chance to share experiences and start your recovery. They offer a warm welcome, a chance to make new friends and an opportunity to develop new skills and interests.
If you would like to volunteer, contact the address below for information.
3 Trinity Square
Tel: 01492 879 907